BBC Radio with time zone delays
Listen to BBC Radio 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 Music with pre-set delays to give the illusion of real-time listening regardless of your time zone.
Service shutting down - February 1, 2020
As of February 1, 2020, this service will be shutting down. After funding this for two years as a hobby project, I have decided it is time to stop. Thanks for your understanding, and if you are interested in running your own streams, you can follow my guide on Github.
Currently, all Canadian time zones are supported ranging from Britain minus 3.5 hours (Newfoundland), to Britain minus 8 hours (Pacific). Sorry, no time zones ahead of Britain!
Server maintenance is performed on Sunday mornings and the streams will be down during this time period, each week.
These streams will be one hour ahead for one week in March and November due to differing daylight savings dates used between Britain and North America!
How do I use this?
If you are on a desktop computer you can simply click the stream and it should work in your browser.
You may need to open the stream in an external app like VLC. Copy the link of the stream you want, find an option to "Open Network Stream" within VLC, and paste the link of the stream there. See a detailed guide here.
- Feb 2, 2020: Disabling the streams after two years. Thanks all for enjoying it the past two years. :)
- Jan 13, 2019: Now streaming GMT-11 (NZ Daylight) and GMT-12 (NZ Standard)
- Sept 8, 2018: Now hosting all of Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 Music! :)
- Mar 22, 2018: Planning to have weekly maintenance every Sunday morning around 5am, Britain time. At this time the streams will reboot, meaning they will be down for 3.5 to 8 hours depending on your time zone. This should help keep the streams synced throughout the weeks.
- Feb 1, 2018: Streams started. This is very much a beta service right now.